As the CHF are leaders in ensuring we as a community fulfill on the goals identified in Calgary’s plan to end homelessness, it’s fitting our leadership is built on a deep commitment to community.
Our Board of Directors and leadership team are individuals with experience across a range of sectors, including not-for-profit, business, academia, government and philanthropy. This depth and breadth provides insight to guide Calgary’s Plan, governance to manage risks and skill to efficiently implement plans.
Board of Directors – Executive Management
Luana Comin-Sartor – Chair
Luana Comin-Sartor holds a Bachelor of Commerce from McMaster University and is a Chartered Professional Accountant. She is currently the G.M. Planning & Finance, Functions & Major Projects, Suncor Energy Services Inc. and is a retired audit partner from Ernst and Young LLP.
Gerald Chipeur – Vice-Chair
Gerald Chipeur, QC is a partner in the law firm of Miller Thomson. Gerry’s business law practice over the last three decades has often focused on the development of public policy and the removal of administrative red tape. As a trial and appellate lawyer, he has advocated for clients before administrative tribunals and courts in Canada, including 20 matters before the Supreme Court of Canada. His scholarship includes over 100 articles on legal topics such as the Constitution, hospitals and healthcare, the environment, First Nations, education, administrative law, human rights, elections, charitable organizations and public safety. He is frequently invited to appear as an expert witness before Senate and House of Commons committees studying legislative proposals. Gerry enjoys serving the community and has participated on boards or committees of the following charities: Greater Edmonton Foundation, New Home Immigration Service, Alberta Non-profit Private Colleges Foundation, Burman University, Calgary Distress Centre, Canadian Diabetes Association, Gimbel Eye Foundation, Sherwood Care, United Way of Calgary and Area and Calgary Homeless Foundation. In addition, Gerry is Honorary Consul for Korea, with jurisdiction for Alberta.
Arthur R. Smith – Chair Emeritus
The late Mr. Arthur R. Smith, an entrepreneur, politician and philanthropist, founded CHF in 1998 to create a unified front to reduce homelessness in Calgary. He spent the last 10 years of his life advocating on behalf of those who were homeless and vulnerable.
Board of Directors – Members
- Cameron Bailey Retired, McKinsey & Company (Past-Chair)
- Wayne Barkauskas Lawyer, Mediator and Arbitrator, Wise Scheible Barkauskas
- Jeff Boyd Regional President, Alberta & Territories – RBC Royal Bank
- Roger Chaffin Chief Constable, Calgary Police Service
- Luana Comin-Sartor G.M. Planning & Finance, Functions & Major Projects, Suncor Energy Services Inc. (Chair)
- Gerald Chipeur Queen’s Counsel, Miller Thomson (Vice-Chair)
- Tracee Collins Commission Member, Alberta Utilities Commission
- Colby Delorme President, The Imagination Group
- Greg Draper National Leader, Valuations, Forensics & Litigation Support, Meyers Norris Penny, LLP
- Ellen Dungen President, EMD Consulting Ltd.
- Lisa Evren Community Volunteer
- Stephanie Felesky Community Volunteer
- Brenda Huband Vice President and Chief Health Operations Officer, Central and Southern Alberta, Alberta Health Services
- Lourdes Juan Director, LMJ Consultants
- Diana Krecsy President & CEO, Calgary Homeless Foundation (ex officio)
- Dr. Ron Kneebone Professor and Director of Economics and Social Policy Research, School of Public Policy, U of C
- Alexandra Nuth Senior Manager of Innovation, ATB Financial
- Leigh-Anne Palter CEO, Chestermere Utilities ltd.
- David Ross President, SAIT Polytechnic
- Les E. Stelmach Vice President, Bissett Investment Management (Treasurer)
- Krista J. White Community Volunteer
Board of Directors – Honorary Members
- John Currie
- Brian O’Leary
Board of Directors – Elected/Government Members
Brian Pincott Councillor – Ward 11
Our volunteers are vital to the work we do. The Calgary Homeless Foundation thanks our Board of Directors.
Diana Krecsy – President and CEO
Diana Krecsy joined the Calgary Homeless Foundation as President and CEO in May 2014. Diana has more than 30 years of leadership experience, spanning health services, non-profits and academia.
Gail Boehm – Vice-President Finance and Operations
Gail is a Chartered Professional Accountant with over 25 years of operations and financial leadership experience in both industry and the not-for-profit sector. She has worked as a senior leader in both engineering consulting and oil and gas service firms, and volunteers with a number of non-profit organizations in Calgary.
Kevin McNichol – Vice-President Strategy
Kevin possesses an MBA, M.Sc. in Counselling Psychology and a BA in Development Psychology and has along his career path gained a broad experience in the field of social services. Kevin is a well-known and respected leader in the Calgary not-for-profit community.
Victoria Ballance – Vice-President Stakeholder Relations
Nick Falvo – Director, Research and Data
Nick did 10 years front-line work with homeless persons in Toronto and has a PhD in public policy from Carleton University. Fluently bilingual, he is a member of the editorial board of the Canadian Review of Social Policy / Revue canadienne de politique sociale.
Coleen Hutton – Director, Human Resources
Coleen has an extensive background in human resources strategy and all areas of human resources. She has worked in a wide range of sectors including oil and gas, management consulting, engineering and not-for-profit. Coleen holds a Bachelor’s Degree and the Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation.