Certificate in Working with Homeless Populations: Practice Fundamentals - Winter 2014
The CHF is offering 15 scholarships at $1,200 each to this program, which contributes approximately two-thirds of the total program cost.
The CHF and the Faculty of Social Work at the University of Calgary have developed a certificate program to help front-line employees and volunteers work towards helping people end their homelessness. Through this Certificate you will be introduced to a variety of approaches and practices, and gain a broader understanding of homelessness through an analysis on current trends in the homeless-serving sector.
- Scholarship Application Deadline: January 8, 2014
- Course Registration Deadline: January 10, 2014
- Course Start Date: January 16, 2014
Modules and further information
Register for the program
Online registration through the University of Calgary is now available.
Scholarship eligibility requirements
- You must be involved in direct service delivery to those experiencing or at-risk of homelessness (as an employee or a volunteer).
- Due to the limited number of scholarships available (35), scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis (provided applicants meet eligibility requirements), so it is recommended that interested applicants apply early.
- Depending on the number of applicants, the CHF/UofC reserves the right to limit the number scholarships issued to the staff or volunteers of any individual organization or agency to a maximum of three.
- Scholarship applications must be received by Thursday, August 16, 2012.
How to apply for a scholarship
The University of Calgary will be administering the scholarships on the CHF's behalf. Please note that registering for the program and applying for the scholarship are two separate processes.
Scholarship Application Form (Word doc)