Client Action Committee
A unique point of view to ending homelessness
The Client Action Committee (CAC) is a group of fifteen members with either past or current lived experience of homelessness. Since its inception in 2012, the CAC has brought unique guidance to CHF, providing insight into what we’re doing well and where we can improve.
Each individual who sits on the CAC brings extraordinary courage to everything that they do. They make CHF stronger by guiding us in the right direction to help those experiencing homelessness in our city.
Along with their insights, they have also been active contributors on key projects:
- The creation of the “Do you see me?” documentary about the discrimination those experiencing homelessness face. This project led to the launch of the Homeless Charter of Rights.
- The Mock Election (with the help of the Calgary Drop In & Rehab Centre and Elections Canada) resulting in Canada’s first ever polling station to be placed in a shelter.
- Coordinated a citywide memorial service for those who have lost their lives while in homelessness.
- Act as ambassadors for Calgary’s Coldest Night of the Year fundraiser.
- Consultants for a variety of experts in the homelessness sector.
If you would like to consult with them, contact Carla Babiuk firstname.lastname@example.org