Host an Event
Events help raise money and awareness for our programs to end homelessness. They also raise spirits when people see how much is being done and the progress that is being made.
There are two ways to hold a fundraising event in support of Calgary Homeless Foundation:
- Sign up to host a Fundraising Dinner Party. A dinner party is a timeless way to connect with family and friends. By opening our homes and creating space at our tables, it’s a nearly effortless way to create new memories and deepen relationships. The Calgary Homeless Foundation invites you to be a part of the journey towards giving individuals experiencing homelessness the prospect of having their own home to share.
- Host a Community Initiative. Why not have a silent auction, concert or golf tournament? You plan, manage and resource the event. We are here to answer questions, help you with promotion and give you some guidelines. A portion or all of the proceeds can be donated to us.
Read and complete the Community Initiatives Agreement form
It’s easy to get started. Here’s how:
- Register your event by contacting the fund development office ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). We’ll quickly get back to you to help you set up a fundraising page.
- Check out our event checklist. It’s filled with tools and customizable printed pieces to make your planning easy and your event feel effortless.
- Host your event. Have fun, make memories and make a difference!
- Thank you and your guests for participating in the vision to end homelessness in Calgary. You made a difference!
Once you contact us to start the process, we’ll send a package containing promotional materials, a video from CHF that you can play at your party to tell your guests a bit more about what they are supporting, and donation cards. Let us know if you’d like someone from CHF to be present and speak at your event. Depending on availability, we’ll do our best to be there!
Please note that we cannot reimburse you for event expenses, or obtain insurance or liquor licensing required for your event.
Thank you so much for choosing to be a part of our vision of ending homelessness in Calgary. We hope your evening creates lasting memories, friendships and provides you and your friends an opportunity to learn more about the exciting and important work going on in our city to end homelessness. Along with our agency partners and every Calgarian, we are committed to working together to end homelessness in Calgary.
We want to make this easy for you. We’re here to help should you need our support or just want to find out more. Please contact us with any questions, or if you want to share your ideas with us. The email is: email@example.com.
Book a Speaker
One of our most important tasks is to be an advocate to end homelessness, spreading the word and building awareness. People need to know the crippling effects homelessness has on people in our city, as well as the progress we’re making to end homelessness.
We have a number of interesting speakers that would be more than happy to come talk to your group. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.